Located in College Station, Texas A&M University spans 5,200 acres and is home to more than 64,000 students. The Department of Recreational Sports is the group responsible for scheduling the university’s student recreation center, which includes 497,774 square feet of facilities. University students, staff, and community members take part in activities that include sports clubs, classes, tournaments, conferences, meetings, banquets, and private events.
Texas A&M’s several hundred bookable recreation spaces include ball courts, multipurpose rooms, outdoor facilities and a natatorium – and many spaces serve dual purposes, which could lead to double-booking. The Department of Recreational Sports needed one tool for scheduling and managing multiple facilities that would allow the department to organize ongoing activities and events, create accurate invoices and reports, and automate key processes.
- Potential overbooking of dual-purpose spaces
- Need to account for off-site excursions
- Integration required between space reservation and invoicing systems
By automating processes and eliminating scheduling errors, EMS has enabled the Department of Recreational Sports to increase productivity through efficient and effective operations, provide a great experience for users, and differentiate the Texas A&M brand. The Accruent solution also lightened the workload when it comes to billing facility users and tracking invoices. It’s now easy to generate invoices for one-time events such as afterproms and graduations for surrounding school districts. This has helped to not only reduce administrative costs, but also to generate revenue for the university.
- Increased productivity through faster and more accurate reservations
- Improved end user experience thanks to elimination of errors and conflicts
- Reduced administrative costs due to streamlined space management processes
- Smooth contract management with other campus entities