Talend, a leader in data integration, data health, and data integrity is changing the way the world makes decisions. The Talend Data Fabric platform seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information, delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real time. Innovations include the Talend Trust Score™, an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any dataset.
Talend realized that the global pandemic meant its workplace management strategy would be changing on an unprecedented scale. The company needed to reduce the amount of administrative time spent on room and desk booking, streamline reservation workflows, and eliminate ghost meetings. Talend wanted to implement a modern booking system that would allow it to facilitate hybrid work, ensure employee health and safety, optimize its workplace strategy, and enhance the employee experience. Three friction points in particular stood out:
- Lengthy, inefficient, and error-prone processes for reserving rooms and workspaces
- Employee experience disrupted by the sudden, large-scale move to hybrid work
- Limited ability to make data-based decisions about office space requirements
Talend wanted to implement a workplace management solution for its meeting and room scheduling needs. They needed something that could accommodate their international company and its needs across multiple time zones. They also needed a system that could be customized to resolve their specific challenges and areas that could be self-managed. Ideal outcomes included:
- Seamless booking and no wasted space (ghost meetings)
- Finding location of rooms within a building
- Addressing room finding based on specific needs (size, equipment)
The company selected EMS not only for its ability to seamlessly book desks and office spaces remotely in multiple time zones but also for its space utilization reporting, which would help inform Talend’s future workplace strategy. A few key points about EMS stood out to Talend:
- Ability to self-manage space scheduling
- Simple and straightforward UI
- Multiple points of access, including web and mobile
- Shared space and resource scheduling features
EMS plays a key role in reducing time spent on office management tasks. With the traditional way of room booking that Talend had in place, office management took about 30% of the work week. Through EMS, Talend is on track to reduce this aspect to about 5-10%.
In addition, EMS enables Talend to make informed space management decisions based on data such as what rooms are often utilized, which offices have a high capacity, and what offices can be downsized. Talend deployed EMS as a pilot program in its office in France. Because of the success achieved, the company rolled out the solution globally. Key benefits of the new system included:
- Room-booking capabilities in 21 offices globally across 9 time zones
- Integrated self-service scheduling via mobile app and web browsers
- One system of record for scheduling data, on-demand reporting, and analysis
The Wider Scenario
Managing office space is an important aspect of operating a business in a hybrid work environment. EMS enables employees to easily participate in meetings remotely via video conferencing and find a place to work when in the office. It also allows the company to track who is in the office on any given day, screen for health issues, and monitor cleaning protocols to ensure the health and safety of employees.