As professionals, we are constantly seeking solutions that allow us to do our best work and make business run smoothly and cost-effectively. Within the realm of meeting and room scheduling, there are five top problems that people are seeking to solve. They are:
- Time-consuming manual processes and multiple, disparate systems involved in scheduling and managing meetings, rooms, and resources.
- Insufficient Microsoft® Outlook capabilities, such as managing meeting resources and services.
- Lack of information about space utilization, such as when and how often rooms are being used.
- Inability to reserve a variety of individual workspaces to support a flexible, activity-based workplace.
- Poor communication between the parties and departments required to manage a meeting or event.
Our customers, such as AIG, Cox Enterprises, Inc., and Yale University, have said goodbye to the top five problems. Built with greater depth and breadth of functionality than any other meeting and room scheduling solution, EMS easily solves the problems listed above and more. Here’s how.
“EMS is a versatile tool; there are so many great features that can enhance the reservation or booking experience.” – AIG
Eliminate Multiple Systems
EMS allows you to manage all aspects of meetings and rooms using one system. For example, with EMS you can:
- Centralize requests, changes, and cancellations for meetings, rooms, and services.
- Create resources, services, and catering menus, and associate costs with each item.
- Bill and invoice outside vendors and internal departments or charge back services to internal cost codes.
- Attach files, links, or other information within a reservation.
By accomplishing all of the above within EMS you can streamline to increase productivity and reduce costs.
Integrate with Microsoft® Outlook
Outlook is primarily an email and calendar application and is notorious for double bookings. While good for simple calendaring, Outlook falls short when organizations want to manage meetings, rooms, resources, services, hoteling, corporate events, and more. Yet, when coupled with the vast functionality of EMS, Outlook becomes a powerful tool.
With EMS, you can use Outlook’s interface to manage all aspects of a meeting, such as services and resources, in addition to room reservations, hoteling, and more.
“The integration with Outlook has facilitated the room reservation process and meeting invites. Most of our employees utilize Outlook for the scheduling and this integration has been key to the way they work.” – Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Increase Intelligence with Space Utilization Data and Reporting
EMS provides 130 out-of-the-box reports and the ability to create custom reports to meet business requirements. EMS space utilization reports allow you to:
- Track when and how people use your space.
- Identify underused and overused space.
- Capture a detailed history of reservation changes to understand use trends.
With EMS space utilization data and reporting, you can make informed decisions about office design, square footage per employee calculations, meeting room sizes, hoteling strategies, and overall real estate footprints. One customer eliminated six floors of space based on EMS utilization data, resulting in significant real estate savings.
“With EMS we are able to utilize space more efficiently. We have better reporting on space utilization, better communications, and better service offering management. Additionally, we no longer have to use multiple systems for bookings.” – Yale University
Implement a Flexible, Activity-Based Workplace
EMS enables organizations to support a flexible, activity-based workplace. With EMS, you can:
- Reserve any kind of workspace, such as desks, offices, and collaboration areas.
- Manage and support seating areas by zone (or neighborhood), such as business unit, job function, or project team.
- Restrict access or review and approve access to spaces based on criteria such as employee rank or business unit.
- View office floorplans and see workspace pictures to select your preferred workspace.
- Find where your peers are located in order to reserve workspaces in the same area.
With the capabilities listed above, flexible, activity-based workplace strategies become simple and empowering.
Improve Communication Across Departments and Stakeholders
EMS greatly improves the communication between meeting stakeholders and departments. For example, with EMS you can:
- Automate setup and teardown instructions for things like room configuration, catering, and A/V
- Send fulfillment confirmations and change alerts to service providers.
- Automate the approval process for managed rooms, resources, and services.
- Send concierge staff visitor information for check in.
- Automatically inform meeting hosts when visitors have checked in.
With EMS, communication greatly improves. In fact, 75% of our customers report that EMS improved improved internal and external meeting-related communication and coordination.
As detailed above, EMS software solves the top five problems related to meeting and room scheduling — making EMS a high-value solution for enterprise and higher education organizations. For more information, read the third-party validated case studies for AIG, Cox Enterprises, Inc., and Yale University.
Has the time come for you to say goodbye to these five problems? Join AIG, Cox Enterprises, Yale, Harvard, Accenture, and thousands of others by contacting us or scheduling a demo today.